This lesson will cover unexplained correlation structures, which is something we have discussed a lot in examples throughout the course already. We will also talk about standard deviation and variance, and we will go into the correlation structure and how it influences power and sample size analysis. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What is the relationship between multivariate study designs and correlation structures?
- How do longitudinal studies induce correlation between measurements?
- Review correlation concepts.
- Define standard deviation and variance.
- Define correlation structure.
- Describe how correlation structure influences power and data analysis.
- Define compound symmetry.
- Describe how clusters of observations induce compound symmetric correlation structures.
Lecture Notes: 2.4 Correlation Structure