In this lesson, we are going to explore different models including the multivariate linear model, mixed linear model, and the reversible mixed linear model. We’ll especially focus on the assumptions of these models and how that impacts power analysis. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What are the assumptions of mixed models and multivariate models?
- Do mixed models have more or fewer restrictions than multivariate models?
- Define the multivariate linear model.
- Define the mixed linear model.
- Define a residual.
- Describe how model assumptions impact power analysis.
- Describe the assumptions of the multivariate linear model.
- Define reversible mixed linear models.
- Describe the assumptions of reversible mixed models.
Lecture Notes: 3.0 Model Assumptions