In this lecture, we will talk about continuous, binary, and count outcomes. While power and sample size software works best for continuous outcomes with a normal distribution, it does not work that well for binary or count outcomes. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- How are continuous, binary, and count outcomes different?
- Why is the type of data important for power and sample size analysis?
- Define continuous outcomes.
- Define binary outcomes.
- Define Poisson outcomes.
- Learn to identify continuous, binary, and Poisson outcomes.
- Describe the current status of binary and Poisson power and sample size methods and software.
Lecture Notes: 3.4 Continuous, Binary and Poisson Outcomes